Sunday, August 25, 2013

Recipe: Pomegranate Lemondade

Seeing as I'm pregnant, I've had to give up many of my favorite beverages.  Wine and beer mostly.  I've also attempted to cut back on my consumption of soda.  Pineapple and pineapple orange juice has been a favorite.  The limeade at Buffalo Wild Wings is quite tasty too.  I'm very happy that most of my pregnancy was spent during the summer months when lemonade seemed like a very appropriate drink.  That has seemed to be my go to drink for the past four months or so.  Recently I tried the pomegranate lemonade at Ruby Tuesday.  Yum!  It was a nice change from regular old lemonade and provided the bit of fizz that I enjoy in my drinks.  I liked it so much that I went online to find a recipe.  I found various takes on it and decided on my own which I think turned out quite tasty.  So, if you're looking for a lemonade with a twist, try this!

Pomegranate Lemonade

3 tbsp. sugar
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice (about 1 1/2 lemons)
1 cup pomegranate juice (I used POM)
2 1/2 cups club soda

Mix all ingredients and serve over ice.

This makes about 2-3 glasses.  Either drink it right away or try and store it in a sealable bottle/pitcher so the club soda doesn't lose it's fizz.
Though not the lemonade I made, this is pretty much what it looked like!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment