Saturday, October 27, 2012

Back in Time with Man's Best Friend

I found out about this Flickr album from a blog that I read, Dog Milk.  The album is posted by Boston Public Library and is full of black and white photos of dogs and cats and often their human friends.  All were taken in the late 1800's/early 1900's.  I enjoyed perusing these photos because I'm a dog lover.  But I also enjoyed the look back in time...a time that I do not know.  I always find it interesting to look at old photos: seeing how people dressed and coiffed their hair, looking at the cars they drove, noticing how simple objects became children's toys, admiring the often intricate and detailed furniture.  I also like to admire how simple life seemed to be, yet it was still a lot more difficult than it is today (hello?  No washing machines?!).  One thing is the same though; people love their pets (and dress them up for Halloween) no matter what year they live in.

Dogs (dressed up)
Little girl with big dog

No comments:

Post a Comment