Monday, May 12, 2014

My Trip to the Netherlands

Near the end of my pregnancy, our friends announced that they would be moving their family to the Netherlands for six months for his job.  Initially I thought that maybe the three of us could visit them while they were there.  After all, babies fly free!  Soon after Ben's birth I realized that idea was CRAZY.  There was no way I was going to take an eight hour flight with a baby.  So, I pretty much gave up on the idea.  However, Mike kept trying to talk me into it.  He kept telling me it would be a once in a lifetime trip and I might regret not going.  He assured me that he would be able to care for Ben just fine while I was away.  I hesitated though.  I wasn't sure if I wanted to leave Ben.  I also wasn't sure if I could return the favor to Mike.  As Ben got older and not quite as needy I realized that, yeah, maybe I could return the favor.  I still didn't want to leave Ben, but figured if I was going to do it, doing it at this age would be easiest on him (he wouldn't realize I was gone).  I also felt like I should do it since so many people left their children behind to attend our wedding in Mexico.  Also, I probably would have regretted not going.  So, in April, I ventured to Holland alone to visit with one of my best friends.  I'm not going to go into detail about the trip here, but I will share the photo book I created that pretty much tells the story of the trip.  Enjoy!


Click here to view this photo book larger
Shutterfly photo books are the new way to preserve your memories. Create your own today.

2 comments:

  1. Very cool! You're so good about getting pictures off your computer and into books; I need to do better at actually doing something with my pictures!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete